Dear Parents and Families,
It is truly hard to believe that we are at the end of this school year. I want to thank the teachers, staff, and parents for all that they have done to make the Riverdale Avenue Community school the nurturing, caring, and intellectually challenging school that it is. The students have worked extremely hard and I couldn’t be more proud.
Our school community has much to celebrate this past year:
- Our first ever College Awareness Day in January where students got to meet speakers and engage in conversations about college readiness.
- Another spectacular Winter Show! This year we were fortunate to be able to perform an upper and lower grades show.
- This year’s Black History Month Assembly allowed students to showcase their learning in meaningful ways with peers and families and included some absolutely stellar performances!
- Family Literacy Day in March, where teachers and parents engaged in literacy based activities aimed to make students and families more are of our literacy expectations.
- Another successful end of year Art Show, complete with a performance by our newly formed Riverdale Avenue Chorus! This year we were able to combine the arts show with Arts Week and provide students with a whole week of arts based activities, including our Careers in the Arts Day! The performances and artwork exceeded my expectations and were truly entertaining for all who came.
- Our Step Team traveled to Atlanta and became National Champions!
Lastly, this year we finally reach capacity as a school and graduated our first ever class! Congratulations to all of our graduates and best of luck in Middle School.
I feel very fortunate to be working with such an amazing staff and I am honored to see you and your students entering in our doors every day.
I hope that everyone has a safe and restful summer, and I will see everyone on Thursday, September 8th .
Meghan K. Dunn